About Rachel Smith
Rachel Smith LPCC-S, LCADC
Insurance & Fees
My fee is $125 per hour for individual therapy
I accept the following insurance:
- Humana Commercial
- Anthem Commercial & Medicaid
- Tricare East
- United Healthcare
- Aetna Better health
- United Community Plan
- Kentucky Medicaid
*Commercial Insurance is purchased either through an agent or employer. It is not state-funded like Medicaid or Medicare*
- My preferred pronouns are she/her/hers.
- I’m originally from Florida but have been in Kentucky for over 10 years.
- I attended the University of Central Florida – a B.A. in English, Asbury Seminary – with an M.A. in Mental Health Counseling.
- I specialize in clients who have anxiety, depression, substance use, and trauma.
- I also work with adolescents.
- Therapy benefited me as a teen/young adult, and I felt compelled to give back to others similarly.
- After experiencing my older sister’s death, I felt called to work with teens and young adults who may feel as though they don’t have the support they need in their families and friendships.
My Approach & Philosophy
- I enjoy being able to walk with clients through challenging experiences and help equip them to tackle life’s challenges.
- Celebrating small wins is important as a therapist, and seeing progress is a huge accomplishment.
- I’m an open and welcoming presence.
- I try to be supportive of clients no matter their circumstances and offer a non-judgemental environment
- I also have plenty of experience with community resources and community mental health.
- I’ve lived in 5 different states.
- I’m originally from Florida, but I like Kentucky more.
- I have two cats: Puffin & Poe.
- One of my bucket list items is to visit all the National Parks. I love to do anything outdoors: hiking, camping, kayaking, etc.
- I love to read, binge Netflix, and travel.
- I’m quirky and not too stiff – which is a benefit (most of the time).
- I tend to be sarcastic and have dark humor.
Have a Question?
*If this is an emergency call 911 do not use this form*
2285 Executive Dr STE 325 Lexington, KY 40505
463 S 4th St Danville, KY 40422
Vary Depending on Need