Maureen Hayat, LPCC
Insurance & Fees
My fee is $125 per hour for individual therapy
I accept the following insurances:
- Anthem Commercial
- Anthem Medicaid
- Humana Commercial
- United Healthcare/United Behavioral Health
- Kentucky Medicaid
*Commercial Insurance is purchased either through an agent or employer. It is not state-funded like Medicaid or Medicare*
Although I have lived in Lexington most of my life, I consider myself a New Yorker since I was born there. I went to the University of Kentucky for my undergraduate and graduate degrees to become a licensed counselor. I became a therapist since it seemed like a very natural option for me. I have always been the nurturer and helper as a teenager and was the therapist among my friends in school. I am an advocate of changing the mentality of “what is wrong with me” to “what happened to me.” We are just experiencing the natural consequences of things that were done to us – trauma and mental health challenges are not a reflection of who we are as a person.
When I am not working, I love to stalk my two cats, making them into cat models and petting them much to their annoyance. I enjoy going on walks, especially in the fall and look for a particularly crunchy set of leaves to walk through, curl up with my kindle and a cup of hot chocolate, and bake. I express my love to others through sharing my baked goods!
My Approach & Philosophy
- My specialties include: Anxiety, PTSD/CPTSD, Trauma (sexual and childhood trauma), working with immigrant families, and depression.
- I am EMDR trained and use IFS therapy along with CBT and person-centered therapy.
- I bring who I am to therapy and I encourage everyone to do the same.
- I am very authentic and will never tell you to try something that I would not do myself.
- I make therapy fun.
- I believe that you can do almost anything you set your mind to if you have the right support and someone believing in you.
- I love the heat – I run my space heater even during the summertime.
- I love stuffed animals.
- I am trilingual – I love learning different languages and foods from other cultures.
Have a Question?
*If this is an emergency call 911 do not use this form*
2285 Executive Dr STE 325 Lexington, KY 40505
1402 Hustonville Rd Ste B Danville, KY 40422
9400 Williamsburg Plaza Ste 320 Louisville, KY 40222
Vary Depending on Need