Marissa Walker, LPCA
Insurance & Fees
My fee is $90 per hour for individual therapy
I accept the following insurance:
- Anthem Medicaid
- Humana Medicaid
- United Community Plan Medicaid
- Aetna Medicaid
- Passport by Molina
- Kentucky Medicaid
*I do not accept any commercial or Medicare plans*
- I am originally from Campbellsville, KY, and was raised in Harrodsburg for 22 years (Lifelong Kentuckian)
- I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services in 2004 and then my Master’s in Education Counseling in 2022 from Lindsay Wilson.
- My current credentials are LPCA, but I am working on getting LPCC licensure for Kentucky.
- I have four children, a bonus daughter through foster care, and a sweet grandbaby.
- Throughout my career, I have worked in many different systems of child welfare in Kentucky, including foster parents and children in out-of-home care, young adults transitioning out of foster care, children returning home from foster care or residential, and parents with children in foster care.
- I believe these youth are one of the most misunderstood populations. Often what we see is just the surface of the youth we serve – I love helping them find their voice.
- I am a parent with experience navigating through mental health struggles with my children.
- I am open to working with children ages eight and up,
- My background includes working with clients who have experienced trauma.
My Approach & Philosophy
- My approach is to provide my clients with an interactive, warm and accepting environment.
- Therapy is a journey, and healing comes in my stages, and I am happy to meet you where you are in your journey.
- By developing a relationship with a caring therapist, you will find new ways to solve problems and begin the healing process.
- A strengths-based approach is the one approach that I firmly believe in, as I enjoy helping others recognize their strengths.
- I specialize in anxiety, depression, grief/loss, family separation, and trauma.
- One of the ways that I like to build relationships is through empathy, dignity, and respect.
- I offer non-judgmental approaches and want the client to feel as comfortable as possible.
- I am creative and upbeat and bring my whole self to every session.
- I enjoy fishing, hiking, and spending time outdoors on my farm.
- The beach is one of my happy places, and I visit it as many times a year as I can.
- I am very social and enjoy working with children and young adults.
- I enjoy discovering what brings joy to my clients and including creative interventions in the sessions.
Have a Question?
*If this is an emergency call 911 do not use this form*
2285 Executive Dr STE 325 Lexington, KY 40505
1402 Hustonville Rd Ste B Danville, KY 40422
9400 Williamsburg Plaza Ste 320 Louisville, KY 40222
Vary Depending on Need