Laura Sutton, LMFT
Insurance & Fees
My fee is $125 per hour for individual therapy
I accept the following insurances:
- Anthem Commercial
- Anthem Medicaid
- Humana Medicaid
- Humana Commercial
- United Healthcare/United Behavioral Health
- Aetna Betterhealth
- Kentucky Medicaid
*Commercial Insurance is purchased either through an agent or employer. It is not state-funded like Medicaid or Medicare*
- My pronouns are she/her.
- I was born and raised in Garrard County, Kentucky, and attended the University of Kentucky (Go Cats!).
- After getting my Master’s Degree, I moved to New Jersey and lived in the NYC area for ten years.
- I returned to Kentucky to raise my children.
- Because of living in different areas, I have an understanding of both urban and rural lifestyles.
- I have experience as a stay-at-home mom, a working mother, and even a single parent when my husband worked out of state for a year.
- For a while, I served disadvantaged children by advocating and aiding in securing supportive and safe housing. Being active in establishing stability and security for children has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.
- As a trained marriage and family therapist, I have experience working with adolescents, adults, couples, and families, including LGBTQIA+ and non-traditional relationships.
My Approach & Philosophy
- I help people build coping skills and strategies to manage symptoms of depression and anxiety. I especially like helping people gain confidence in managing their emotional state for less reactivity with others.
- With my EMDR training, I help people work through traumatic experiences and events impacting daily living and break through barriers and fears such as public speaking/presenting.
- I love witnessing the emotional growth, and healing therapy can bring.
- When using EMDR, I am continually amazed by the transformative power within clients just waiting to be unlocked using therapeutic techniques.
- I have also assisted individuals in working through spiritual and religious trauma.
- I take pride in providing an open and inclusive space for all identities.
- At its core, my practice is a spirit of collaboration and a desire to meet individuals where they are and see them through to their full potential.
- I enjoy making quilts, sewing, and other small craft projects
- We love any type of travel (short road trips or far-away adventures); my family is always looking for our next excursion
- I enjoy playing pool and singing karaoke
Have a Question?
*If this is an emergency call 911 do not use this form*
2285 Executive Dr STE 325 Lexington, KY 40505
463 S 4th St Danville, KY 40422
Vary Depending on Need