Kiva Adkins, LCSW
Insurance & Fees
My fee is $125 per hour for individual therapy
I accept the following insurances:
- Anthem Commercial
- Anthem Medicaid
- Humana Medicaid
- Humana Commercial
- United Healthcare/United Behavioral Health
- Aetna Betterhealth
- Kentucky Medicaid
*Commercial Insurance is purchased either through an agent or employer. It is not state-funded like Medicaid or Medicare*
- I specialize in addiction, trauma, anxiety, depression, and grief.
- Originally an Air Force brat from Colorado, I grew up in Ashland, Kentucky, then moved to the Lexington area in 1991.
- I love being a therapist as it allows me to be part of someone’s journey towards healing.
- Anxiety has been something I have struggled with, and I understand firsthand what it is like to live with it every day.
- I have been in your seat, and I believe this allows me to work with you on a deeper level of understanding of these challenges.
My Approach & Philosophy
- I utilize training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing, Substance Abuse, and a Person-centered approach to therapy.
- I meet you where you are emotionally.
- Telling you what to do or what medicine to take is not something I am here to do (unless those are the avenues you wish to pursue).
- I am a partner in your treatment. We work together.
- I enjoy quilting, arts and crafts, traveling, writing true crime, and white water rafting in my free time.
- I was raised and adopted by my grandparents.
- I’ve been married for 31 years; I have two adult children (one who lives in England and one who plans to move to Japan), two dogs, and a grand cat live with me.
Have a Question?
*If this is an emergency call 911 do not use this form*
2285 Executive Dr STE 325 Lexington, KY 40505
463 S 4th St Danville, KY 40422
Vary Depending on Need