Jesslyn McCandless, LCSW
Insurance & Fees
Insurance & Fees:
My fee is $125 per hour for individual therapy
I accept the following insurances:
- Anthem Commercial & Medicaid
- Aetna & Aetna Betterhealth
- Humana Commercial & Medicaid
- Kentucky Medicaid
- United Healthcare/United Behavioral Health
- UHC Medicaid
*Commercial Insurance is purchased either through an agent or employer. It is not state-funded like Medicaid or Medicare*
My preferred pronouns are she/her. I grew up in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. I attended undergrad and graduate school at Campbellsville University. Upon graduation, I moved to Bowling Green while completing my MSW. I recently relocated to Louisville. I love Kentucky, and I’ve experienced a good portion of it! I specialize in anxiety, stress management, burnout/compassion fatigue that members of the helping profession (teachers, medical providers, mental health providers) experience, and life transitions for high school and college students.
My Approach & Philosophy
I want my clients to feel independently capable of facing every season of life. I support my clients while they grow and pursue becoming who they want to be. It’s fun to celebrate progress and victories with my clients. I also love being a safe space and a neutral party in my clients’ lives. It’s my goal to be my client’s professional hype woman – I love empowering them to achieve their goals! Because therapy should be an uplifting, empowering, and goal-oriented experience, I want to partner with my clients and be in their corner while working through whatever they need.
- I love to read or watch tv when I need to be alone.
- Spending time with family and friends is essential to me!
- On my days off, I enjoy shopping and trying new restaurants.
- I love coffee more than I probably should, and I don’t discriminate: my Nespresso at home, Starbucks, or a local coffee shop equally get my time and attention.
- My favorite movie is Legally Blonde, and Elle Woods inspires me.
- I’m unapologetically a “girly girl.” I like all things pink.
- I am described as witty and sassy by my friends.
- I studied broadcasting in undergrad and worked as a morning show host for a local radio show!
Have a Question?
*If this is an emergency call 911 do not use this form*
2285 Executive Dr Ste 325 Lexington, KY 40505
Vary Depending on Need